As you may already know, Superintendent Steve Enoch is retiring at the end of June, and the Board of Education has begun the process for hiring the district's new superintendent. During April the Board held community and stakeholder forums to collect input regarding the desired qualities and characteristics of the district's next leader.
All of this input will be used to inform the candidate screening and interview process. The following is the timeline the Board is using:
- April 19 - Board of Education announced the timeline and procedures for the superintendent selection process and approves the consulting agreement with Leadership Associates.
- April 20 until filled - Position posted and advertised
- April 26-27 - Consultants facilitated meetings with staff and community stakeholder groups and an open forum to gather input.
- May - Consultants recruit and identify candidates, conduct comprehensive reference and background checks.
- May 12 - Board meets with consultants, reviews applications and selects finalists to be interviewed
- May 18-19 - Board interviews finalists
- Week of May 21 - Site Visit(s) to the community of the leading candidate(s) – Board members, Cabinet members, and Union presidents. Board offers contract.
- July 1 - New Superintendent begins.