- Click HERE for Committee APPLICATION -
For Immediate Release
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Contact: Terry Koehne, Community Relations Director
Phone: 925-552-2942 / email@example.com
Danville – With the passage of Measure D in November, the San Ramon Valley Unified School District Board of Education is seeking members for a Facilities Oversight and Advisory Committee (FOAC). Through this committee, the community as a whole is able to participate in the process of reviewing school facilities and of planning for the future. A key priority for the committee will be to provide advice to the Board, the Superintendent, and senior district management on current and future facilities issues affecting SRVUSD and their impact on education.
Charge to the Committee
1. Provide oversight of Measure D projects and expenditures;
2. Review current and future SRVUSD facilities plans, including master plans, and provide recommendations to the Board and district management on the priority of implementation;
3. Review and make recommendations related to district standards for its facilities that reflect facility modifications in order to better align with the needs of 21st Century teachers and learners;
4. Work with the facilities and business staff on the development of a comprehensive list of facilities priorities that would require additional revenue sources;
5. Review and recommend solutions for the proper protection of the community’s investment in facilities and maintenance.
The FOAC will consist of at least seven (7) board-appointed members to serve for a term of two (2) years, without compensation, and for no more than two (2) consecutive terms. The membership will reflect the SRVUSD community. Education Code requires that representation on such a committee must include the following:
· A member who is active in a business organization within the San Ramon Valley Unified School District;
· A member active in a senior citizen’s organization;
· A member active in a bona fide taxpayers association;
· A parent/guardian of a child currently enrolled in SRVUSD and active member of a parent/teacher organization such as PTA or schoolsite council.
The FOAC shall meet a minimum of four (4) times each year.
Applications are available online on the SRVUSD website at www.srvusd.net or at the School District Office, 699 Old Orchard Drive in Danville.
Deadline to submit applications is January 17, 2013.
Application and more information can be found on the SRVUSD website, www.srvusd.net or: http://srvusd.ca.schoolloop.com/file/1276956723839/1224132536604/1357725562754726266.pdf
For more information, please contact Ann Handling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- END -