San Ramon Valley Unified School District
Excellence in Education Act of 2009
Measure C - $144 parcel tax
Commencing July 1, 2009 - June 30, 2016
Moneys raised under the Excellance in Education Act shall be authorized to be used only to provide financial support to local school programs as follows:
- to address the impact of cuts in the State's education budget on teachers, classroom programs and students services,
- to maintain academic excellence,
- to retain qualified and experienced teachers,
- to prepare students for college and careers for a global economy,
- to maintain math, science, literacy and other academic programs,
- to provide other financial support such as the purchase of instructional equipment, materials, and supplies.
Fiscal Accountability & Oversight
The Parcel Tax Oversight Committee (also known as the PTOC) was established by the Board of Education of the San Ramon Valley Unified School District, pursuant to the passage of Measure "C" in 2009. The purpose of the PTOC is to provide oversight to ensure that such funds are applied only to authorized purposes as outlined in the Measure. The PTOC will continue to monitor the expenditures of the Measure "A" funds and will report on an annual basis to the Board and community on how these funds have been spent.
Exemptions: The exemption filing for this parcel tax has expired.