2012-13 Guiding Questions
The following are SRVUSD's "Guiding Questions" for the 2012-13 school year. These questions act as annual goals related to the District's Framework for Excellence, and will be used throughout the year to create conversations about school and department practices.
- Describe the academic performance of your students. How are you moving all students to higher academic achievement levels? What students does your school need to target?
- What instructional strategies and programs are being implemented for your students? What benchmark evidence demonstrates the strategies and programs are working?
- What evidence do you have that demonstrates students are being challenged in higher-level thinking tasks based in real world problems?
- In what ways are you articulating both vertically (K-12) and horizontally (at the department/grade level) within your school and across the district to ensure better communication?
- Describe how your school is using the District Framework for Excellence to move instruction, assessment and learning into Daggett’s Quadrant D?
- How do your teachers use instructional technology to increase relevance in their lessons?
- How are you helping your parent community understand the importance of relevant curriculum and common core standards?
- Describe the culture/climate on your site for adults and students. What are some of the climate issues on your campus and how are you addressing them?
- In what ways does your school foster positive relationships between staff, parents, students, and the broader community we serve? How do you know it is working?
- How are you ensuring that every student has at least one meaningful connection with an adult on your campus?