San Ramon Valley Unified School District
Local Education Funding Renewal Measure of 2015
Measure A - $144 parcel tax
Commencing July 1, 2016 for nine years
This renewal measure will continue to protect academic excellence in our schools by continuing the local funding our schools rely on every year.
The proceeds of Measure A shall be authorized to fund:
- core academic programs in reading, writing, math and science;
- Advanced Placement courses and other programs to prepare all students for success in college and careers;
- ongoing teacher training and development to attract and retain teachers;
- career and technical training programs.
Fiscal Accountability & Oversight
The Parcel Tax Oversight Committee (also known as the PTOC) was established by the Board of Education of the San Ramon Valley Unified School District, pursuant to the passage of Measure "C" in 2009. The purpose of the PTOC is to provide oversight to ensure that such funds are applied only to authorized purposes as outlined in the Measure. The PTOC will continue to monitor the expenditures of the Measure "A" funds and will report on an annual basis to the Board and community on how these funds have been spent.
In order to provide tax relief to senior citizens in the community, any parcel owned and occupied by a person 65 years of age or older shall be exempt from the parcel tax upon proper application to the District. Also persons receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) regardless of age, shall also be exempt upon proper application to the District.
For further information on the parcel tax or filing for an exemption, please contact Sandra Corsetti in the Business Office at 925-552-2968
* Forms must be received by May 31st of the current year in order to qualify for the upcoming tax year (July-June).
* You only need to file once forevermore.
* No need to re-apply unless you move to another home within the district's boundaries.