San Ramon Valley Unified School District Excellence in Education Act of 2009
Measure C - $144 parcel tax
Commencing July 1, 2009 for seven years
Moneys raised under this Excellence in Education Act shall be authorized to be used only to provide financial support to local school programs as follows:
- to address the impact of cuts in the State's education budget on teachers, classroom programs and student services.
- to maintain academic excellence
- to retain qualified and experienced teachers
- to prepare students for college and careers for a global economy
- to maintain math, science, literacy and other academic programs
- to provide other financial support such as the purchase of instructional equipment, materials and supplies
In order to provide tax relief to senior citizens in the community any parcel owned and occupied by a person 65 years of age or older shall be exempt from the parcel tax upon proper application to the District. Persons receiving Supplement Security Income for a disability regardless of age, shall also be exempt upon proper application to the District.
For further information on the parcel tax or filing for an exemption, please contact Sandra Corsetti in the Business Office at 925-552-2905
* Once an exemption is filed you do not need to apply again unless the parcel changes ownership.
The Parcel Tax Oversight Committee (also known as the PTOC) has been established by the Board of Trustees of the San Ramon Valley Unified School District. pursuant to the passage of Measure "C". The purpose of the PTOC is to provide oversight and accountability on the expenditures funded by Measure "C" in order to ensure that said funds are spent for the purposes approved by the voters. The PTOC will monitor the expenditures of these funds by the District and will report on an annual basis to the Board and community on how these funds have been spent.
* Meeting Agendas and Minutes can be found in the Parcel Tax Forms folder to the right.