Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- The Supplier detailed on the Purchase Order will hereinafter be referred to as Contractor. San Ramon Valley Unified School District will hereinafter be referred to as District.
- The Contractor shall indemnify, defend and save harmless the District, its Board, agents and employees from any and all claims and losses accruing or resulting from any and all contractors, subcontractors, materialmen, laborers and any other person, firm or corporation furnishing or supplying work, services, materials or supplies in connection with the performance of this contract, and from any and all claims and losses accruing or resulting to any person, firm or corporation who may be injured or damaged by the Contractor in the performance of this contract.
- The Contractor, and the agents and employees of Contractor, in the performance of this agreement, shall act in an independent capacity and not as officers, employees or agents of the District.
- This agreement may be terminated without cause by the District upon not less than 14 days written notice to the Contractor. This agreement may be terminated by District and be relieved of the payment or any payment or any consideration to the Contractor should the Contractor fail to perform the covenants herein contained at the time and in the manner herein provided. In the event of such termination, the District may proceed with the work in any manner deemed proper by the District. The cost to the District shall be deducted from any sum due to the Contractor under this agreement, and the balance, if any shall be paid to the Contractor upon demand.
- Without the written consent of the District, this agreement is not assignable or transferable either in whole or in part.
- Time is of the essence in this agreement.
- No alteration or variation of the terms or specification of this contract shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by the parties hereto, and no oral understanding or agreement not incorporated herein, shall be binding on any of the parties hereto.
- The consideration to be paid Contractor, as provided herein, shall be the compensation for all Contractor's expenses incurred in the performance hereof, including travel per diem, unless otherwise so provided.
- All equipment supplies and services sold to the District shall conform to the general safety orders of the State of California.
- The District reserves the right to withhold payment until order is completed and/or accepted by the District.
- If applicable, Sections 1171 thru 1175 of the Labor Code are hereby made part of this agreement as if written in its entirety herein.
- The Contractor shall comply with all Federal, State and Local laws, rules and regulations with respect to the performance of this agreement and the services so required. Contractor shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and requirements with respect to labor compliance, immigration and prevailing wage.
- Contractor will be notified when any Good is rejected by the district for failure to conform to the District's requirements. Rejected Goods will be returned to the Contractor's expense if the rejection is the fault of the Contractor. Following notification to the Contractor of the rejection, District may elect to (i) permit Contractor to cure the non-conformance, (ii) cancel such non-conforming goods without cost or liability, (iii) or accept them with a reasonable reduction in the purchase price as mutually agreed.
- A Certificate of Insurance is required that must include the following coverage: (a) Liability Insurance - $1,000,000/$3,000,000/$1,000,000 minimum, (b) Workmen's Compensation Insurance