Safe School Partnerships
- Contra Costa Crisis Center - The mission of the Contra Costa Crisis Center is to keep people alive and safe, help them through crises, and connect them with culturally relevant resources in the community. Our 24-hour crisis lines, face-to-face grief counseling program, homeless services, youth services, and 211 information and referral program accomplish this.
- Discovery Counseling Center - Discovery Counseling Center offers comprehensive, affordable and accessible mental health services in time of crises, emotional need and life transitions.
- PFLAG - PFLAG promotes the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights. Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity.
- San Ramon Valley Council of PTA’s - San Ramon Valley Council of PTAs is the next organizational level of PTA* beyond the school site or unit level. Our council represents all 33 school PTAs and PTSAs in the San Ramon Valley Unified School District. *As the largest volunteer child advocacy association in the nation, Parent Teacher Association (PTA) provides parents and families with a powerful voice to speak on behalf of every child and the best tools to help their children be safe, healthy, and successful - in school and in life.
- Annual Parent Education Conference - The SRV PTA Council sponsors an annual Parent Ed. conference (usually in early spring), with workshops and speakers covering a range of subjects: student health, substance abuse, dating, discipline, homework, special education issues, etc.
- San Ramon Valley StreetSmarts Program - STREET SMARTS, a local partnership involving the San Ramon Valley Unified School District, Town of Danville, City of San Ramon, Contra Costa County and the San Ramon Valley Council of PTAs, is a traffic safety education campaign.
- “She’s All That” Conference sponsored by SRV Soroptomist Club - She’s All That! is a distinctive event for all middle school girls and their parents. This special conference includes inspirational keynote presentations, “Live Your Dream!” Expo booths and a choice of three workshops for girls and three workshops for parents with subjects pertinent to today’s teen, family and societal issues.
- STAND! For Families Free of Violence - STAND! For Families Free of Violence is a catalyst for breaking the multi-generational cycle of violence, promoting safe and strong families, and rebuilding lives. Domestic violence and child abuse often co-occur in families. As the only comprehensive family violence reduction agency in Contra Costa County, STAND! assists more than 10,000 clients annually by providing comprehensive prevention, intervention, and treatment services to end the cycle of violence and child abuse.
Safe Schools Tipline
To report any acts of school violence or vandalism, students, staff members, parents and community members are encouraged to call the district's anonymous Tipline.
Callers can leave an anonymous message or have their call returned during business hours, Monday through Friday.
For those who feel threatened or know of someone who feels threatened by violence, the Contra Costa Crisis Center has set up a hotline with access to counselors 7 days a week. 1-800-863-7600.