Welcome to Student Services
The Student Services division of the Educational Services Department supports all district sites in their efforts to provide safe, orderly learning environments for all students and staff. The Student Services division coordinates and/or is a resource for the following areas:
- Pupil attendance and accounting
- School Attendance Review Board (SARB)
- Site and District Climate Issues
- Implementation/ Disaggregation of California Healthy Kids Survey and other data related to school safety
- Anti-bullying staff development
- Comprehensive School Safety Plans
- Community School Safety efforts
- Health Services
- Foster/Homeless Youth Services
- Student Conduct/Suspensions/Expulsions
- Tobacco Use Prevention Education (TUPE)
- Board Policies related to Student Services
- Student Discipline Hearings
- Animals on Campus Certification
SARB (Student Attendance Review Board)
The district’s SARB (Student Attendance Review Board) consist of district and community members who meet monthly to consider student attendance cases in and make appropriate recommendations This Board utilizes a multi-disciplinary approach to provide support and intervention to meet the special needs of students with school attendance issues. The SARB Committee looks for creative ways to encourage students to return to, and succeed in, school. SARB cases are brought forward to be addressed by the Board based on attendance information provided by both the site and district.
Animals Brought to School
Any person wishing to bring any animal, other than a guide dog, signal dog or service animal on campus, must first seek approval from the Director of Student Services no less than ten (10) calendar days prior to the intended date of the animal's presence on campus.
A request for permission must be submitted using the Approval for Animals Brought to School Form. Please download, complete and print the form; call the Student Services Department at 925-552-5052 to schedule an appointment.
The form and any supporting documentation will be reviewed by the Director of Student Services. Permission to bring the animal will be granted or denied following the document review and personal appointment, Per Administrative Regulation (AR 6163.2) , upon permission being granted, the school administration must notify, in writing, members of the school community affected by the presence of the animal.