There is an opportunity for many SRVUSD student-athletes to play collegiate athletics; whether that be locally or nationally, DI, DII or DIII, whether scholarship, walk-on or intramural. See your high school counselor for information about the specific courses at your school that will qualify for initial eligibility at the college(s) of your choice.
** Get Ahead of the Curve: Check off these steps as you work your way towards eligibility.
9th & 10th:
- Take a rigorous college prep course load and do your best throughout the four years.
- Attend open houses and take unofficial visits.
- Take prep courses for the ACT and SAT.
- Take the PSAT and/or the PLAN to prepare for standardized tests.
- Register with NCAA & NAIA Eligibility Centers before the junior year is completed.
- Send your transcripts at the end of the junior year. This needs to be done in order to take an official visit.
- Start working on college essays during the summer for your applications.
- Take both SAT and ACT.
- Prepare yourself for admissions interviews.
- Complete Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and start FAFSA paperwork.
- Consider early decision applications are due November 1st through November 15th.
- FAFSA should be completed as soon as possible on or after January 1st.
- Complete NCAA amateurism questionnaire after April 1st.
- Final deposit is due May 1st.
- Send final transcript and proof of graduation to both Eligibility Centers.
These are links to the three national organizations that govern intercollegiate athletics: