Skip to main content

Graduation Requirement Fulfillment Via Outside Institution

Students are now able to take courses at outside institutions to fulfill graduation requirements and have these courses placed on their transcripts.  Courses that will be eligible to be added to an SRVUSD transcript to fulfill a graduation requirement must not be completed until after the end of a student's 8th grade year.  Courses that can be taken include, but are not limited to:

  • English 9, 10, 11, 12 and AP English courses 
  • US History, World History, AP History (Euro, US or World), World Geography, Economics and Government


  • PE 9 cannot be taken from an outside institution and must be taken at SRVUSD
  • There is a limit of 4 classes (40 high school credits) that can be placed on the transcript over a student's four years in high school, with students being able to place only 20 credits per academic year, and 20 credits in any given subject area.
  • Any course taken to fulfill a graduation requirement MUST be placed on the SRVUSD transcript. 
    • Students must complete the SRVUSD Non District Course Application to add a course to the Transcript form
      • Students will be able to request courses to be added to their transcripts twice each school year. Deadlines do apply.
  • Grade-level courses cannot be used for advancement purposes (i.e. if a student is going in to the 10th grade in August and takes English 10 the summer prior, they cannot take English 11 as a 10th grader.  The intent is to free up a period of their day to take another class in their 10th grade year.

Warning: The course and/or institution you choose to fulfill a graduation requirement for SRVUSD may not be accepted by the UC/CSU system, private colleges and universities, out-of-state institutions, or NCAA as fulfilling entrance requirements.  It is your responsibility to check with an admissions officer from each campus to which you intend to apply to ensure it will be accepted. 

This Program is NOT for students who are remediating a D or F grade in a course.  Please speak to your student's counselor if your student needs to repeat a course.


Application for 2019-2020 School Year Grad Requirement Fulfillment 

This application cannot be used for Advancement.  Any Advancement application filed on this application will be cancelled.


Approved Courses and Institutions

Approved Courses and Institutions for Graduation Requirement Fulfillment for 2019-2020 school year

as of 2/25/19

Important Notes about this list:

  • This list is NOT a complete list of courses that can be taken.  It would be impossible to compile a list that would include every course that could be taken. If there is a course that you would like to take but it is not listed, then make sure:
    • The Institution is WASC accredited
      • Institutions that have only Supplemental accreditation do not qualify (i.e. Art of Problem Solving, John Hopkins Center for Talented Youth, UC Scout, Language Bird, etc.)
    • The course is UC Approved
    • The Institution issues letter grades
    • The Institution issues official transcripts
  • If it does not meet even one of these criteria, then it cannot be used. 
  • If there is any question as to whether or not a particular course that you are interested in taking is okay to use for high school credit, then check with your counselor.

The information presented in the link above is accurate as of the above date for the 2019-2020 school year.  However, it is the student's/parent's responsibility to verify that institutions still have the necessary accreditation and that courses are still UC approved by going to the links above prior to enrolling in a course. (Accreditation and UC approval can change from year to year.)

Adding a Course to the SRVUSD Transcript

To add a course to the SRVUSD transcript, students must complete the Application to Place Credit on the SRVUSD Transcript form. For more information on adding courses to the transcript, please go the the Non-District Course page of our website.