Skip to main content

Transfers for Non-SRVUSD Residents

The Interdistrict Transfer Request Process

Interdistrict Transfers to SRVUSD in three steps

Interdistrict Transfers to SRVUSD Infographic Detail

A parent or legal guardian of a student residing outside of the SRVUSD school boundary may request a transfer for that student to this district from another by obtaining an Approved Interdistrict Transfer Request form from their resident school district office. Please be sure to hold your student's enrollment space at your resident school district until you receive an official transfer decision notification from our Student Services department.

Please go to your resident school district office and obtain an inter district transfer approval to SRVUSD. Your school district will send the request to our offices to be reviewed. If your student is in middle or high school, please send the documents listed below via fax to 925-837-2605 or scan to Helen Burrows

  • Transcripts/Grades
  • Discipline Records from previous school
  • Attendance Records from previous school

Approval will be granted based on space availability and the review of the above documentation.  If approval is granted, school placement is at the sole discretion of the Student Services Director and department. Status will not be available prior to official notification.  

If approval is granted, you will be notified by email to begin the SRVUSD enrollment process.  Information regarding this process can be found on the Enrollment page of our district website.


Interdistrict Transfer FROM SRVUSD to another District

Please complete the attached Interdistrict Transfer Request and bring it to the Student Services, 699 Old Orchard Drive, Building B, Danville.  We will complete the SRVUSD portion of the request, and it will be the parents’ responsibility to obtain approval from the requested district. 

Interdistrict Transfer Appeal Information

At times school districts deny a request to transfer to another district. Parents have the right to appeal this denial. For information regarding appealing a denied interdistrict transfer please follow the instructions on the denial letter from your district and appeal first to your resident school district office. As a second step, if needed, you can contact your resident county office of education. Below are the links to Alameda and Contra Costa County Offices of Education: