- Educational Services
- Special Education
- Assessment, Research and Evaluation
- Student Services
- Animals on Campus
- Home Hospital
- Social Emotional Wellness
- Student Attendance Review Board (SARB)
- Students and the First Amendment
- Foster Youth and Homeless Education Services
- Health Services
- English Learners
- English Language Arts
- Visual & Performing Arts
- School Site Council
- Student Senate 2021-2022
- Student Senate
- Enrollment Info
- Residency Requirements
- Physical Exam and Immunization Requirements
- Child Care
- Home Hospital
- Independent Study
- School Transfers
- TK/ Kindergarten Specific Information
- Fall School Site Specific Information
- How to Change Your Address
- Course Catalogs
- School Site Locator
- Feeder School Patterns
- Profile of the Learner Committee
Intra District Transfer Practices and Priorities
The San Ramon Valley Unified School District’s Open Enrollment program offers parents and legal guardians, residing in the district, the opportunity to apply to the school that they would like their child to attend. To be considered, parents must submit an Open Enrollment Application (intra district transfer) request for the following school year.
As its first priority, the district will attempt to accommodate all children within each school’s attendance area according to existing class-size and program mandates. Once resident students have been placed and space has been deemed available at the grade level and/or program, selection of students into the school will be based on the following criteria:
- Administrative placements, including diversion students
- SRVUSD students who are siblings of any student currently in attendance at a school and who will continue to be enrolled at the same school next year (concurrent enrollment)
- SRVUSD students in good standing who have attended a school continuously for at least one school year but have moved into another school’s attendance area within the district
- SRVUSD students who are siblings of a student who will be exiting the requested school at the end of the year of open enrollment application (consecutive enrollment)
- All other SRVUSD student requests for Open Enrollment
The Students Services Department within Educational Services, after consulting with the principal of the requested school to determine space availability, will authorize the transfer.
Parent notification of the decision to approve or disapprove will take place as follows:
- If space is available, as verified by the requested school, and the decision is to approve the request, the Student Services Department within Educational Services will so designate and notify the requested school, the home school and the parent(s)/legal guardian(s).
- If the decision is to disapprove the request based on the lack of available space, the Student Services Department within Educational Services will so designate and notify the requested school, the home school and the parent(s)/legal guardian(s).
- If the transfer is requested to occur during the current school year, the Student Services Department within Educational Services with notify the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) within five school days after the request is submitted.
- If the request is for the following school year, the Student Services Department within Educational Services will notify the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) no later than 5:00 pm the day prior to the opening of school.
A student who has been granted an intra-district transfer shall be regarded as a resident of the requested school through the highest grade at that school. Upon transitioning to the middle or high school, intra district transfer students will be enrolled at their home school. Revocation of an intra district transfer may occur if requested by the parent and space is available at the resident school.
Intra district transfers for identified special education students, including referrals to Del Amigo and Venture, shall not be approved until Special Programs verifies space availability and authorizes such a transfer.
Students determined to have enrolled in a school by falsifying intra district information, including student or residency records, shall be returned to their home school immediately, even if they otherwise meet priority status.
Requests which are denied may be appealed based on procedural error to the Superintendent or designee.
School personnel may initiate Open Enrollment transfers on the basis of school housing needs (diversion) and/or student behavior invalidating transfer or administrative placement.