Become an a2e Ambassador!
Apply to become an a2e Ambassador!
SRVUSD a2e Ambassadors will have the key role of promoting that academic excellence and a broader definition of success
are a priority in San Ramon Valley Unified School District. Ambassadors can be a current SRVUSD high school junior or senior, staff member, parent/caregiver, or interested community member. We encourage individuals to apply who are interested and invested in spreading the message that SRVUSD’s excellent schools enhance the quality of life in our community. It is an opportunity to build awareness around how great schools contribute to a great community, and why it’s important to be involved in our schools and help us reimagine success.
Role of an Ambassador
Once our Ambassadors are selected, you will be asked to attend an in-person training date. After completion of the training, Ambassadors will be identified to support a2e efforts by participating in one or more of the following tasks, depending on need and how we identify Ambassador roles:
- Giving a presentation at a meeting or gathering of people.
- Tabling and handing out materials at an event.
- Writing emails, doing research on presentation locations, or other "behind the scenes" tasks.
- Bringing posters out into the community and asking businesses/organizations to put them up.
- Providing support to someone else who is giving a presentation, but not taking the lead.
- "Interviewing" and taking photos to show the community's engagement in the initiative.
If selected, we ask that each a2e Ambassador make a commitment to supporting our efforts through the end of the 2022 - 2023 school year, which includes:
- Attend an in-person training (Tentative date: Wednesday, January 11, 2023 from 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.)
- Attend meetings once per month throughout the rest of the 2022 - 2023 school year with the a2e Ambassador Team (dates TBA, and TBD if in person or virtual)
Ambassadors who are selected to participate will receive the following from the Communications and Community Relations Office for serving in this role:
- Training and support to fulfill their identified role
- Access to an a2e toolkit
- Support materials
- Opportunities to partner with other a2e Ambassadors
- Certificate of appreciation signed by the Superintendent for serving as an a2e Ambassador
Criteria for Selection:
- Interest in and commitment to SRVUSD and a2e
- Ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups
- Good social and communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Must be a current SRVUSD high school junior or senior, staff member, parent/caregiver, or interested community member
- Briefly explain why you are interested in becoming an a2e Ambassador (50 words max).
- In what ways do you feel you can contribute to one or more of the tasks identified above outlined for the “Role of an Ambassador”? (100 words max).
- Describe how, if you are selected to be an a2e Ambassador, you can assist in creating connections with community members/groups that might lead to viable partnerships (150 words max).
APPLICATION NOW CLOSED! Fill out the application today!
Applications are due by midnight on Wednesday, November 9, 2022. You will be notified by Friday, November 18, 2022 if you have been selected or not.
You may have noticed our a2e posters in many public locations and storefront windows throughout the community. We have lots more and need help distributing these - plus it is a great way for a local business to show its support of our schools! If you are interested, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
to schedule a time to pick up posters at the District Office!
Share a2e Images and Information on Social Media
Tell people through Twitter, Facebook and Instagram that you are a fan of SRVUSD! We have a2e graphics and messaging already prepared - just let us know and we can get you going! Or simply share the link to this website and/or link to the video. It’s that simple!